Aternity Has Been Acquired by Riverbed Technology
- Aternity is a leader in End User Experience Management software, providing solutions for enterprise IT Operations to detect, track and manage application performance issues impacting business users across any application, device, user and network
- Aternity serves approximately 160 enterprise customers worldwide, including AT&T, Barclays, BofA, Capital One and Citigroup
- Aternity was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Westborough, MA, and was backed by top-tier venture investors including Vertex Venture Capital, Genesis Partners, Intel Capital, Investor Growth Capital and Clal Industries
About Riverbed Technology
- Riverbed Technology is a leader in Application Performance Infrastructure based in San Francisco, founded in 2002
- The acquisition also follows Riverbed’s acquisition of leading SD-WAN provider Ocedo in January 2016, which enabled Riverbed to get to market faster with application-defined SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network) solution SteelConnect in April
- Riverbed’s 27,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100
- Following a take-private transaction in 2015, Riverbed is owned by Thoma Bravo, a leading private equity firm and Teachers’ Private Capital, the private equity department of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
Aternity is another exciting and strategic acquisition for Riverbed. Their innovative end user experience monitoring offering perfectly complements and extends our SteelCentral solutions. With the increased use of mobile devices, virtual desktop environments and the cloud, the ability to manage end user experience has become more important and complex for IT organizations. With this acquisition, Riverbed and our partners are now uniquely positioned to provide CIOs and businesses with a complete view across networks, applications and end users, all in one solution.
Jerry M. Kennelly
Enterprises are accelerating their adoption of Hybrid IT environments to improve agility and control infrastructure costs. By capturing and analyzing how applications and devices perform from the end user’s perspective, Aternity offers enterprises the ability to proactively manage these increasingly complex IT environments to drive greater workforce productivity - and this critical capability combined with the power of SteelCentral will arm them with the most powerful and complete performance monitoring solution in the industry.
SVP, GM of Riverbed SteelCentral Business Unit
- The acquisition of Aternity by Riverbed Technology was announced on July 28, 2016
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Aternity and their Board of Directors