Shea & Company Advises BlueConic on its Strategic Growth Investment from Vista Equity Partners
- BlueConic, the leading pure-play customer data platform, liberates companies’ first-party data from disparate systems and makes it accessible wherever and whenever it is required to transform customer relationships and drive business growth
- Over 300 companies worldwide, including Hearst Newspapers, Heineken, ING, T-Mobile, UEFA, and VF Corp, use BlueConic to unify data into persistent, individual-level profiles, and then activate it across customer touchpoints and systems in support of a wide range of growth-focused initiatives, including customer lifecycle orchestration, modeling and analytics, digital products and experiences, audience-based monetization, and more
- BlueConic was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Nijmegen and Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vista Equity Partners Profile
- Vista Equity Partners is U.S. based private equity firm with more than $86 billion in assets under management and exclusively invests in enterprise software, data and technology-enabled organizations across private equity, permanent capital, credit and public equity strategies
- Vista’s investments are anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions and proven, flexible management techniques that drive sustainable growth
- Vista Equity Partners was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in San Francisco, Oakland, Chicago and New York
In today’s privacy-first era, I truly believe that Vista is the best possible partner to help BlueConic – and our customers – fully capitalize on the growing demand for the collection and use of consented first-party data. This investment marks an exciting milestone in our company’s journey that will allow us to leverage Vista’s substantial knowledge and expertise as we continue on our mission to transform how companies operate by putting unified, actionable first-party data in the hands of growth-focused users. The partnership is an incredible validation of our vision, team and platform, and we’re thrilled to leverage the experience of the Vista platform going forward.
Founder & CEO, BlueConic
As companies ramp investments in new digital transformation initiatives to fuel growth, the ability to understand and activate unique first-party data while ensuring the digital experience remains privacy-compliant becomes increasingly important. BlueConic’s management team envisioned this trend and built a highly-scalable platform that has helped them become the category leader in enabling customers to glean and utilize insights effectively. We are impressed with what the BlueConic team has accomplished so far and look forward to fueling the next phase of growth for the business.
Senior Managing Director and Co-Head of Vista's Endeavor Fund, Vista Equity Partners
- BlueConic’s strategic investment from Vista Equity was announced on January 5, 2022; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to BlueConic