Shea & Company Advises Centage on its Acquisition by Scaleworks
- Centage is a leading provider of modern FP&A software solutions for small and mid-sized finance teams
- The company’s product, Planning Maestro, is a modern cloud platform for managing every aspect of budgeting, planning, forecasting and data analysis and provides business leaders the financial visibility and control needed to lead organizations to growth and profitability
- Centage has received numerous awards and recognition, including a 4x winner of the Industry Excellence Award from Dresner Advisory Services and a 2x DotCom Magazine Impact Company of the Year Award winner, among others
- Founded in 2001, Centage is headquartered in Framingham, MA and has approximately 50 employees
- Scaleworks is a venture equity firm specializing in investing for controlling stakes in B2B SaaS companies and operating them for high-growth
- Scaleworks takes substantial positions in their investments, focusing on markets they can lead in and brings together teams of experienced B2B SaaS operators to help accelerate growth across their companies
- Scaleworks was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in San Antonio, TX
I'm excited to join the Centage team and expand on the incredible foundation John [Murdock] has built with the organization over the past six years. Together, the team and I are aligned on our customers and will continue to innovate and deliver best-in-class products and services that best serve their needs!
Incoming CEO, Centage
This is an exciting acquisition for Scaleworks and an excellent addition to our portfolio. Centage provides a modern, sophisticated yet readily accessible FP&A solution to its customers and has an excellent foundation to build upon. We look forward to working alongside the Centage team and its CEO Peter Messana in this next phase of the company's expansion.
Co-Founder & General Partner, Scaleworks
- Centage’s acquisition by Scaleworks was announced on April 26, 2023; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Centage