Shea & Company Advises CVC Growth Funds on Majority Investment in Unily
- Unily is the creator of an employee experience platform used by enterprises to improve communication, collaboration and productivity amongst their employees
- Unily’s sophisticated cloud-native SaaS platform offers customers scalability, a rich feature set and deep integrations with other mission-critical enterprise systems
- Unily continues to experience rapid growth across its global customer base driven by enterprises seeking out best-in-class software to replace old legacy custom-built platforms
- Today, more than 300 enterprises and roughly 3.5 million of their employees rely on Unily’s employee experience platform and the company’s portfolio of Fortune 500 clients spans a large range of industries and includes high-profile brands.
- Unily was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in the United Kingdom
CVC Capital Partners Profile
- CVC is a leading private equity and investment advisory firm with a network of 25 offices throughout Europe, Asia and the US, with approximately $125 billion of assets under management
- Since its founding in 1981, CVC has secured commitments in excess of $165 billion from some of the world’s leading institutional investors across its private equity and credit strategies
- Funds managed or advised by CVC are invested in more than 100 companies worldwide, which have combined annual sales of over $100 billion and employ more than 450,000 people
- CVC was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Luxembourg
CVC Growth Partners Profile
- Launched in 2014, CVC Growth Partners is the growth-oriented middle-market technology investment arm of CVC Capital Partners
- CVC Growth Partners primarily targets equity investments between $50 million and $250 million in North America and Europe and manages over $2.5 billion in assets across two dedicated funds
- CVC Growth Partners was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Luxembourg
CVC is one of the largest and most well recognized private equity firms in the world. Seeing their passion for our category and desire to back a leader in the employee experience space made the decision to partner with them extremely easy. My team and I are incredibly excited for the next stage of our journey together.
Engaging employees in their increasingly hybrid and digital workplaces has never been more important than it is today. We see this as a trend that is only going in one direction, with more and more businesses and leaders looking to improve employee communication, collaboration and productivity in a rapidly changing digital world. We have followed Unily for several years as part of our long-standing efforts in human capital management software and look forward to working closely with Will and his team, as well as Silversmith and Farview, to unlock the business’s full potential.
Managing Director, CVC Growth
- CVC Growth’s majority investment in Unily was announced on December 21, 2021
- CVC will join existing investors Silversmith Capital and Farview Equity, who invested in the business in 2019
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to CVC Growth Funds on the transaction