CyberGrants has been Acquired by Apax Partners
- CyberGrants delivers market-leading CSR (corporate social responsibility) software solutions to some of the most respected companies and foundations in the world, helping them quickly activate their charitable causes to realize strategic, measurable outcomes
- Founded in 1999, its fully hosted, web-based single platform solution enables customers, including more than half of the Fortune 100 companies, to easily scale their CSR programs and quickly transform grants and giving initiatives into impacts that closely align with their corporate mission and values
- CyberGrants’ network connects 10 million employees and their employers with 650,000 not-for-profit organizations
- The company is headquartered in Andover, MA and has more than 300 employees
Apax Partners Profile
- Apax Partners LLP (“Apax”) is a leading global private equity advisory firm
- For nearly 50 years, Apax has worked to inspire growth and ideas that transform businesses and has been committed to creating a positive impact on the people and communities in which it operates
- The firm has raised and advised funds with aggregate commitments of more than $60 billion and invests in companies across four global sectors: tech, services, healthcare and internet/consumer
- In 2006, the firm established the Apax Foundation to focus on grants and employee donations to enable social mobility in underserved communities
The market for corporate social responsibility software is rapidly evolving as organizations look for enhanced agility to manage their expanding, and increasingly sophisticated, CSR programs to achieve social impact, and we’re excited to partner with Apax for the next phase of our journey. Their experience and know-how of both enterprise software and charitable giving markets will be of great value as we continue to enhance our platform to better support customers. I would like to thank Waud Capital Partners for their unwavering support over the past six years.
We are thrilled to partner with CyberGrants and we look forward to supporting them in their mission to help organizations maximize their impact. For over a decade, Apax and the Apax Funds’ portfolio companies have strived to achieve measurable ESG and CSR objectives, and we continue to look for ways to increase our positive impact on society and the environment. These initiatives are made easier with the help of companies like CyberGrants.
Partner, Apax Partners
CyberGrants’ longstanding relationships with an extensive list of blue-chip customers is testament to the quality of their software platform. They have made significant investment in their product in recent years to drive customer satisfaction and impact outcomes, and we look forward to supporting Mark and the team as they look to improve their platform and grow their product into new markets.
Principal, Apax Partners
Mark and his team have built a cloud leader in the emerging category of CSR, and have stayed focused on product excellence, customer commitment, and delivering on their social mission around the globe. We are very proud to have been their partner during this exciting period of growth and know they will continue to have success with their outstanding new partner, Apax.
Partner, Waud Capital Partners
- Apax’s acquisition of CyberGrants was announced on June 15, 2021; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the financial advisor to CyberGrants and its owner, Waud Capital Partners