Information Builders has agreed to be acquired by TIBCO
Information Builders Profile
- Information Builders (ibi) is a data and analytics company that helps organizations manage complex and disconnected data so they can build, embed and automate intelligence in everything they do
- The company’s open platform and industry-specific building blocks accelerate speed-to-market, improve operational efficiency and enhance their customers’ experience
- Millions of people worldwide use ibi-powered software every day across the Healthcare, Financial Services, Public Sector, Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics and Retail industries
- ibi was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in New York City
- TIBCO is a global leader in enterprise data that empowers its customers to connect, unify and confidently predict business outcomes, solving the world’s most complex data-driven challenges
- TIBCO’s Connected Intelligence platform seamlessly connects any application or data source, intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust and control and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale
- TIBCO was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA
- The company was acquired by Vista Equity Partners in 2014
Bigger data challenges create the need for more robust data solutions. Joining TIBCO will help our customers, who understand the impact of having strategic, data-driven solutions, accelerate their response to their most pressing data opportunities.
Frank J. Vella
Chief Executive Officer, ibi
Data-driven insight is more critical than ever. With the acquisition of ibi, we gain access to a broader set of data and analytics technology, greatly enhancing our ability to help the world’s leading organizations solve their most complex data problems. The blend of our two companies, with strong and complementary capabilities, will further unlock the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions.
Chief Executive Officer, TIBCO
We founded Information Builders with a vision of a new business intelligence product that would enable non-programmers to build their own reporting applications. We are proud of what we have achieved and it is a privilege to join forces with a company that cares about its customers as much as we do. I am looking forward to a very bright future for our solutions, for our team and especially for our customers.
Founder & Chairman of the Board, ibi
- TIBCO’s agreement to acquire ibi was announced on October 22, 2020; financial terms were not disclosed
- With a shared focus on customer excellence and innovation, TIBCO and ibi will partner with customers to transform their business and drive sustainable innovation.
- ibi’s leading data quality, preparation and integration products will support the TIBCO Any Data Hub and Responsive Application Mesh strategies. In addition, TIBCO’s Hyperconverged Analytics strategy will be enriched with the infusion of ibi’s leading analytics solution, WebFOCUS
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to ibi