iWave has been Acquired by Incline Equity Partners
- iWave is a market-leading fundraising intelligence solution that provides education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations with an intuitive platform to aggregate wealth, philanthropic and biographic data, turning it into actionable intelligence that fundraising teams need to identify, cultivate and retain donors
- iWave’s comprehensive platform offers the world’s largest and most up-to-date charitable giving database as well as proprietary analytics and actionable insights to give its approximately 4,000 customers access to the industry’s highest quality wealth and philanthropic information to help clients improve their fundraising efforts
- iWave has received numerous accolades, including G2’s top-rated fundraising intelligence solution for ten consecutive quarters and Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work
- Founded in 1991, iWave is headquartered in Charlottetown, PE, Canada and has approximately 90 employees
Incline Equity Partners Profile
- Incline Equity Partners is a private equity firm investing in manufacturing, distribution and business services companies
- Incline is generally seeking growing companies with enterprise values of $25 – $750 million with typical investment types of ownership transitions for privately held businesses, buyouts and corporate divestitures within the U.S. and Canada
- Incline was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA with an additional office in New York, NY
Over the past five years iWave has been transformed and engineered into a world class fundraising intelligence organization that, on a daily basis, has the privilege of serving and supporting its clients as they fulfill their respective missions to make the world a better place. This rapid evolution of iWave would not have been possible without the guidance, support and collaboration with Sverica. They have played a very strategic role in our transformation and growth and I would like to thank Jordan Richards, Ryan Harstad, and the rest of the Sverica team for their consistent engagement, steady hand, and unwavering support of the iWave leadership team and all iWave’s staff. The past five years have been an incredible journey and now the voyage continues with Incline.
It has been gratifying helping build and grow a company that has enabled us to do well by doing good for so many charitable organizations that make up iWave’s client base. I want to thank Ross Beattie, Colin Paddington and the entire iWave team who tirelessly pursued their mission to be the thought and innovation leader in the fundraising intelligence space. I am proud of what they have been able to accomplish, thankful to have been able to join them to help scale the company and wish them much success on their next chapter with Incline.
Managing Partner, Sverica Capital Management
- iWave’s acquisition by Incline Equity Partners was announced on October 20, 2022; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to iWave and its owner, Sverica Capital Management