Perforce Has Been Acquired by Summit Partners
- Perforce, a developer of the industry’s most flexible, scalable and secure version control and collaboration platform, helps harmonize development and operations within companies building complex software products
- Perforce serves approximately 10,000 customers worldwide, including Salesforce, Electronic Arts, NVIDIA, Cisco, Samsung and VMware
- Perforce was initially released in 1995 and is headquartered in Alameda, CA, and was bootstrapped by founder Christopher Seiwald
About Summit Partners
- Summit Partners is a leading private investment firm based in Boston founded in 1984
- Summit has more than $6.5 billion in equity and fixed income assets under management, and invests in minority or majority positions
- Summit has invested in more than 430 companies in technology, healthcare and other growth sectors; these companies have completed more than 135 public offerings and more than 160 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales
Watching Perforce grow from a personal project to a global business with hundreds of employees has been an incredible adventure and will be a source of lasting joy for me. I have always been committed to doing the right thing for our customers and for the company, and I believe Janet Dryer is the right person to take Perforce forward while maintaining its unique culture and values. I’m thrilled to see Perforce enter this next phase of growth.
We believe Perforce’s addressable market is significant and growing, driven by the increasing complexity of enterprise development and deployment environments. We are delighted to partner again with Janet and look forward to working together to help Perforce capitalize on the opportunity and accelerate its growth.
Managing Director, Summit
- The acquisition of Perforce by Summit was announced on February 2, 2016
- In conjunction with the acquisition, Janet Dryer (former CEO of HelpSystems) was announced as the new CEO of Perforce
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Perforce