Secure Islands Has Been Acquired by Microsoft
About Secure Islands
- Secure Islands is a leading provider of information protection and control solutions, offering a cybersecurity suite that integrates data classification, protection and loss prevention
- The company provides powerful data protection at each stage of the information lifecycle – from creation to sharing, and for virtually any type of data, regardless of storage media or location
- The solution is used by Fortune 500 companies and various government agencies, including UBS, OSRAM, Vodafone and Credit Suisse
- Secure Islands was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Israel, with offices in the US, UK, Germany and Switzerland
- Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is one of the world’s largest developer, licensor and seller of computer software and hardware products in global market
- Microsoft offers a broad suite of applications, including operating systems for personal computers, servers, phones and other intelligent devices; server applications for distributed computing environments; productivity applications; enterprise software and applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games and online advertising, across a numbers of branded products, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Skype and Xbox
- The Company was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, WA with additional offices across the world
This acquisition accelerates our ability to help customers secure their business data no matter where it is stored – across on-premises systems, Microsoft cloud services like Azure and Office 365, third-party services, and any Windows, iOS or Android device.
Corporate Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise Marketing, Microsoft
By joining Microsoft, we will be able to extend and expand our vision. Microsoft has been a long time partner and its leadership in enterprise IT, its resources and global reach will help us innovate and deliver new information protection capabilities to both our current and new customer base.
CEO, Secure Islands
- Microsoft plans to integrate Secure Islands’ technology into Azure Rights Management Service to provide a flexible architecture that is able to meet the most rigorous protection and compliance requirements
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Secure Islands