SmartBear Has Acquired Test Management for Jira (TM4J) from Adaptavist
- Test Management for Jira (TM4J) is the #1 user-rated QA and test management application in the Atlassian Marketplace for enterprise teams.
- A full featured test management solution integrated with Jira, Atlassian’s market-leading issue tracking application, TM4J helps users to coordinate all testing activities including test planning, authoring, execution, tracking and reporting.
- TM4J was built by Adaptavist, a leading vendor within the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Acquired by Francisco Partners in May 2017, SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers and operations engineers at over 22,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations, including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard and Microsoft.
- The addition of TM4J’s innovative technology to the SmartBear product portfolio extends the company’s ability to empower organizations coordinate all testing activities including test planning, authoring, execution, tracking, and reporting.
- More than 7 million practitioners use SmartBear tools to build, test and monitor great software, faster.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA.
- Adaptavist’s mission is to help organizations embrace change for a competitive advantage.
- Working in over 60 countries with more than half of the Fortune 500, Adaptavist is the leading Atlassian partner globally for professional services, managed services, training, and Atlassian Marketplace Apps.
- In addition, Adaptavist is an Atlassian Platinum Top Vendor, an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner for the Enterprise, and an authorised Atlassian Training Partner.
- The company was founded 2005 and is headquartered in London.
Francisco Partners Profile
- Francisco Partners is a leading global private equity firm which specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled businesses.
- FP strives to be an involved, value-added investor, capable of providing significant operational and strategic support to their portfolio companies on the most critical issues as they scale.
- The firm was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Today’s enterprises know they need to become more agile in order to meet increased business demands, but they often find themselves held back by the limitations of legacy or inefficient testing solutions. We’re excited to add the team behind TM4J and the outstanding technology they’ve built to the SmartBear family. TM4J focuses on enterprise needs while Zephyr for Jira addresses smaller, agile teams. This move further enables our company to deliver the perfect testing solutions inside of Jira to companies of all sizes and business models.
Vice President, Products, SmartBear
We are delighted that TM4J has found a home that will allow it to thrive and innovate in the testing and QA space, while strengthening the relationship between two of the Atlassian Marketplace’s biggest players. We look forward to aligning our brands and continuing to solve complex problems for today’s enterprise customers.
We're thrilled that two of Atlassian’s biggest Marketplace partners are joining forces to provide superior technology and services to Atlassian's customer base. Testing and QA are a mission critical component of DevOps and ITSM, and we genuinely believe this acquisition represents a golden opportunity for customers to find more value from their technology stack.
Head of Marketplace Programs, Atlassian
- SmartBear’s acquisition of TM4J was announced on March 31, 2020; financial terms were not disclosed.
- TM4J joins a SmartBear portfolio dedicated to continuous quality at enterprise scale, complimenting the company’s industry-leading test management tooling, including Zephyr and CucumberStudio.
- TM4J’s support for Behavior-Driven Development will seamlessly integrated with other SmartBear products such as CrossBrowserTesting, LoadNinja, SoapUI Pro and TestComplete.
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to SmartBear.