TPG Has Made an Investment in Government Brands
Government Brands Profile
- Government Brands is a leading provider of public engagement, court management, tax reporting and accounting software and integrated payments solutions founded to address the significant need by government entities to leverage technology to operate more efficiently
- The Company has undergone significant growth organically and through more than 25 acquisitions since inception and serves thousands of government entities of all sizes, including municipalities, counties, states and federal agencies, throughout all 50 states and Canada
- Government Brands was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia
- TPG is a leading global alternative asset firm with investment platforms across a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, impact investing, real estate, secondaries and public equity
- The Firm aims to build dynamic products and options for its investors while also instituting discipline and operational excellence across the investment strategy and performance of its portfolio
- TPG has over $96 billion of assets under management with offices in Beijing, Fort Worth, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore and Washington D.C.
Providence Strategic Growth Profile
- Providence Strategic Growth (PSG) is a growth equity firm that partners with middle-market software and technology-enabled services companies to help them navigate transformational growth, capitalize on strategic opportunities and build strong teams
- Founded in 2014, PSG has backed more than 80 companies and facilitated over 325 add-on acquisitions, bringing extensive investment experience, deep expertise in software and technology and a firm commitment to collaborating with management teams
- PSG operates out of offices in Boston, Kansas City and London
Greater Sum Ventures Profile
- Greater Sum Ventures (GSV) is an entrepreneurial growth equity firm that invests in lower-middle market software and tech-enabled services companies
- With entrepreneurial roots and proven operational and investing experience, GSV works with select independent co-investing partners to build platforms of technology companies that revolutionize the industries they serve
- GSV is based in Knoxville, Tennessee
We believe our partnership with PSG and GSV over the last few years has been critical to Government Brands’ ability to execute on our mission to empower all levels of government to transform how they engage with constituents by providing leading software and payment solutions. We look forward to further scaling our platform to better serve our customers, in partnership with PSG and TPG, and thank the GSV team for their contributions to support our growth to date.
CEO, Government Brands
Currently 80% of government organizations are still at the initial stage of developing digital maturity. In our view, John and the entire Government Brands team have done an exceptional job building a platform to provide mission-critical solutions to a market undergoing crucial transformation. We believe the company is well-equipped to deliver technological solutions that will accelerate this transition to an even broader base of customers. We look forward to building on our partnership with the team to support governments entering the next chapter of digital connectivity.
Co-Founder & Chairman, PSG
Across industries, organizations are adopting technology at a fast pace to better serve the changing behaviors of their customers. Government Brands provides a robust suite of integrated software solutions purpose-built for government entities of all sizes. TPG has invested in vertical market software for many years, and our investment in Government Brands reflects our continued thematic focus on vertical payments and the digital transformation of the public sector. We look forward to working with John, Dave, and the PSG team with an aim to accelerate the company’s growth.
We believe that through the strength of its investors, strategic advisors, and talented management team, Government Brands has unlocked immense value for shareholders and customers alike. We’re pleased to have played a significant role in the evolution of this platform since its beginning and are proud of the innovation it brings to the government sector. We’ll follow the Government Brands story with interest and wish all parties continued success.
CEO and Founder, GSV
- TPG’s growth investment in Government Brands was announced on August 5, 2021; financial terms were not disclosed
- The investment will be made from the TPG Tech Adjacencies Fund in partnership with PSG, who will retain its majority stake in the Company. GSV will exit its position in the Company as part of the transaction
- Shea & Company served as the sole financial advisor to TPG