Gurobi Has Received an Investment from Thompson Street Capital Partners
About Gurobi Optimization
- Gurobi provides the industry’s most powerful optimization solver, allowing enterprises solve tough business problems through prescriptive analytics, as well as a distributed optimization platform and cloud optimization service
- Gurobi’s solutions are used by over 1,600 companies to turn data into smarter decisions – allowing users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically consider billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the mathematically-provable optimal answer
- Consistently ranked by public benchmarks as the most powerful optimization engine in the market, the Gurobi solver has been applied to an incredibly broad set of business challenges, such as supply chain optimization, online dating, climate modeling and sports league scheduling
- Gurobi was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Houston
About Thompson Street Capital Partners
- Thompson Street Capital Partners is a St. Louis-based private equity firm focused on investing in founder-led middle market businesses
- TSCP manages more than $1.5Bn and has acquired more than 100 companies in the Healthcare & Life Sciences Services, Software & Technology Services and Business Services & Engineered Product Sectors since the firm was founded in 2000
This investment gives us access to both the capital and business expertise to stay focused on our users’ needs today while developing the capabilities they will want in the future.
CEO and Co-Founder, Gurobi
We are thrilled to partner with Gurobi’s superb leadership team to help them accelerate the Company’s already outstanding growth without losing sight of what has made the company so successful.
Managing Director, TSCP
- The investment in Gurobi by TSCP was announced on January 3, 2018
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Gurobi Optimization