Shea & Company Advises Arlington Capital Partners on its Pending Acquisition of Exostar
- Exostar is a leader in trusted, secure business collaboration in highly regulated industries including aerospace and defense, healthcare and life sciences
- Exostar offers a portfolio of products that allow companies to share sensitive information in a trusted environment and transact business securely, compliantly and efficiently across multi-tiered networks
- Exostar currently serves nearly 200,000 companies and agencies in 175 countries
- Exostar was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Herndon, VA with more than 175 employees
Arlington Capital Partners Profile
- Arlington Capital Partners is a leading private equity firm that focuses on middle market investment opportunities in growth industries including aerospace and defense, government services and technology, healthcare and business services and software
- Since its launch over 20 years ago, the firm has managed approximately $7Bn in capital commitments
- Arlington Capital Partners was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
Thoma Bravo Profile
- Thoma Bravo is a leading private equity firm that invests in software and technology companies across applications, cybersecurity, financial technology, healthcare IT and infrastructure sectors
- Since its inception, the firm has acquired or invested in more than 440 companies
- Thoma Bravo was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Chicago, IL with offices in London, Miami, New York and San Francisco
Arlington’s focus on regulated industries including aerospace and defense, healthcare and life sciences, aligns directly with the markets we serve. This synergy makes them an ideal partner for us as we enter the next stage of our corporate journey. We look forward to leveraging Arlington’s expertise and connections to help us further strengthen our platform and exceed our ambitious growth targets. Together with Thoma Bravo, we have made incredible strides in advancing our mission of delivering best-in-class products for our valued customers while at the same time delivering accelerated and profitable growth. We very much appreciate their support.
Chief Executive Officer and President, Exostar
Exostar is a true industry leader with an expanding market opportunity, especially as the need for digital trust across organizations and geographies continues to grow rapidly and the security of global supply chains is top of mind to business leaders. We have great respect for what Richard Addi and the entire Exostar team have accomplished and look forward to working alongside them to drive continued success using our collective domain expertise.
Managing Partner, Arlington Capital Partners
Exostar plays a critical role in securely facilitating supply chain transactions and broader collaboration between the largest aerospace, defense and healthcare firms and each of their supply bases. We look forward to strengthening that network even further by building upon management’s impressive accomplishments under Thoma Bravo’s stewardship.
Principal, Arlington Capital Partners
It has been a privilege to work alongside the Exostar team. Under Richard’s leadership, the company successfully transformed its commercial capabilities, expanded its product offering with The Exostar Platform and achieved substantial growth in both revenue and earnings, all while remaining true to its long-standing commitments to customers and partners. We are very proud of the business transformation that took place under Thoma Bravo’s ownership, and I’m confident that Arlington will help take Exostar to even greater heights.
Partner, Thoma Bravo
- Arlington Capital Partners’s pending acquisition of Exostar was announced on September 26, 2023; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Arlington Capital Partners on the transaction