Don Johnston Inc. joins Texthelp group
Don Johnston Inc. Profile
- Don Johnston Inc. has been a staple of the accessibility community, partnering with literacy experts, AT specialists, SLPs, OTs, and special education directors to develop popular assistive and evaluative tools including Co:Writer, Snap&Read, uPAR, Word Ban and Quizbot
- Students across North America with diverse learning challenges rely on Don Johnston Inc. assistive tools to accommodate their learning needs in schools and at home
- Don Johnston Inc. was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Volo, Illinois
- Texthelp Group is a global EdTech company creating innovative education and workplace solutions
- The company is focused on helping people learn, understand, and communicate through the use of digital literacy and accessibility software
- With over 50 million users worldwide, the Texthelp suite of products includes Read&Write, EquatIO, WriQ, Fluency Tutor, ReachDeck, and SpeechStream
- Texthelp was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Antrim, Ireland
Texthelp and Don Johnston Inc. share a common vision of a world where every student can feel what it is like to learn and succeed. Our combined teams and expanded range of products will allow us to give millions more students in the US and across the globe the best possible start in life and help them fulfil their full potential. Along with the Don Johnston team, we will continue to innovate and develop our suite of products to create the best assistive technology tools available.
Don Johnston Inc. and Texthelp have worked in parallel in the EdTech sector for decades. We share so many commonalities. Fundamentally, we are both unified by a mission to help as many students as possible learn and succeed. I strongly believe that together we can achieve more, and I am excited to see what the future holds. My new role on the board of the Texthelp Group will allow me to continue to drive forward our shared vision.
- Texthelp’s acquisition of Don Johnston Inc. was announced January 10, 2022; financial terms were not disclosed
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to Texthelp and Five Arrows Capital Partners